Beauty is more than just skin deep! Join us as we venture into the world of science, discover amazing facts about the human body and unravel the mysteries of how it functions to keep us healthy.
Explore the essential concepts and systems of the human body and understand the positive effects beauty treatments can have on them.
This colourful, easy to read, guide book contains over 80 pages, packed with facts, advice and beautiful illustrations that reveal the science behind beauty treatments.
- Skin covers your inner beauty. Learn about its structure and functions, understand how skin ages and ethnic variations.
- We cut it, shave it, colour it and style it, but hair has a very important role to play. Learn about its structure, function and growth cycle.
- We cut them, file them, use them as tools, add shimmer and shine, but our nails are not just for decoration. Learn about their structure, functions and factors that affect their growth.
- Bones, whether funny, short, long or irregular we would be a puddle without them. They give us structure and form. Learn about the 206 bones in our body and their functions.
- Muscles have different jobs, some work by telling them what to do and others need no instructions, they just get on with it throughout our lives. Learn about the different muscles within our body and their functions.
- Blood, the elixir of life, is constantly circulating, bathing our body cells with vitamins, minerals and oxygen. Learn about the composition of blood and how it is transported around the body.
- Lymph, part of the body’s natural defence system fighting to keep you healthy every second of every day. Learn how the lymphatic system works to conquer infection and disease.
- Eyes are the windows to our soul and gives us sight to see the beauty in others. Learn about the structure of the eye.
Guide Book SampleBS Anatomy and Physiology sample